Mit nyújt az ESA Magyarország számára?
„The space you need to get your business idea off the ground!”
ESA Business Incubation Centre Hungary
(ESA BIC Hungary)
ESA TTPO has initiated its Business Incubation Centres (BICs) to work with and inspire entrepreneurs to turn space-connected business ideas into commercial start-ups companies.
Business incubation aims at developing viable companies from start-ups that base their business on the use of Space systems and technology for terrestrial application. Business incubation is conducted in so called ESA business incubation centres (BICs). The Agency has established a common approach to Business Incubation in several countries.
The Hungarian Space Office has identified the potential of downstream applications. Hungarian companies have been active in cooperation with ESA for several years now. Hungary shows a growing interest in Space related activities and the downstream impact since the establishment of the ESA NTTI in Hungary. The ESA BIC is a tool that will complement and support the technology transfer activities and downstream in Hungary.
ESA therefore decided to set up an ESA BIC Hungary, together with the Hungarian Space Office and various local actors.
The ESA BIC Hungary is to be opened on July 2, 2018, and is hosted by the Hungarian Academy of Sciences’ Wigner Research centre for Physics. With establishing ESA BIC Hungary ESA’s Technology Transfer Programme Office coordinates twelve ESA Business Incubation Centres (BICs) in ten countries.
ESA BIC Hungary helps to transfer technology from space to non-space applications and will support 25 Hungarian start-ups over a 5 year period to develop products for terrestrial use
The objective of this activity is to execute the overall implementation and management of ESA BIC activities in Hungary, including:
- Support the promotion and positioning of the incubation activities;
- Manage activities related to the scouting and selection of start-ups;
- Support start-ups during the incubation phase and preparatory phase;
- Set up a co-investment scheme with financial partners;
- Administer the cash incentives from ESA to start-ups;
- Manage, coordinate and report on programme activities of the ESA BIC Hungary
ESA National Technology Transfer Initiatives Hungary
(Innovation Partner Hungary)
ESA (European Space Agency) technology transfer network works Europe-wide on facilitating the transfer of innovations, systems and know-how from the space industry to non-space areas, thus also to benefit everyday life.
The Technology Transfer Offices of ESA use a network of technology brokers to assess market needs for potential exploitation of space technologies. Technology transfer is operated through National Technology Transfer Offices which also support technology transfer initiatives.
Local experts of technology transfer are part of the Europe-wide network of technology brokers. The technology transfer brokers are responsible for the effective execution of the programme promoting and launching national projects.
The main elements of the international Technology Transfer Programme of ESA are:
- space inventions covered by patents available for industry use,
- broker network in 16 European countries (including Hungary): transfer and use of space technology information, special materials, expertise and services in non-space industries,
- supporting start-ups,
- enabling investment support.
The technology transfer network in Hungary are composed of experts whose knowledge and extensive connection facilitate international information exchange; and pursue new developments where there is a potential for commercial exploitation of cutting edge space technologies. Connecting Hungary to this top European organisation, you can benefit from broker network’s activities.
The goal of this co-operation is to enable our experts to identify and support (even through funding) initiatives and early phase projects in the field of space technology aiming to develop new products or services.
Our network encourages Hungarian entrepreneurs to launch business abroad. Also, our objectives are to contribute to the economic development of our country, to strengthen business, create jobs, and help to launch new ventures.
The National Technology Transfer Point is in the Wigner Research Centre of Physics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. More info: https://spacesolutions.esa.int/technology-transfer/esa-broker-hungary
Where to find space relation?
In the scope of its space mission, the European Space Agency (ESA) develops and supports the development of a myriad of technologies, systems, data sets, methods, patents, etc. The interesting part of this huge investment from ESA Member States, namely from Hungary, is that the life of these assets does not end in space, it starts in space! Yes, behind these assets lies an enormous “reuse” potential which is accessible to entrepreneurs, researchers, students or companies. Space is the starting point to generate your business idea or to bring the innovative edge your company is searching for!
Here are some inspirations:
- Data and imaginery about our planet Earth: http://www.esa.int/Our_activities/Observing_the_Earth/How_to_get_Earth_observation_data and http://copernicus.eu/main/application-domains
- Satellite navigation (Galileo, EGNOS): http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Navigation/Aboutsatellite_navigation2
- ESA’s patent portfolio: http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Engineering_Technology/IP_for_commercialisation
- Satellite communications: http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Telecommunications_Integrated_Applications/Telecommunications_satellites